Ready in 1 HOUR Summer Dinner Party 🤍👌🏽
- by CJLA Admin
Are you hosting dinner but short on time? Here is a menu that is super simple to make that you guests will think you spent hours on!
Drinks: Water, Watermelon Kombucha (health aide) and Homemade Peach Iced Tea (here is the iced tea maker we use).
Starter: Cheese Board
-Place brie, robusto, garlic cheddar, dates, rosemary crackers, marcona almonds, fresh peaches, date jam on your favorite board and garnish with fresh rosemary, olive sprigs and citrus leaves
Main: Spring Salad, Roasted Asparagus, and Chicken
- Spring Salad: Combine spring mix with fresh peaches, raspberries, sliced shallots, Meredith Dairy Goat Cheese, with simple honey balsamic dressing 👇🏽
(Mix these ingredients into shaker bottle: 1/2 C olive oil, 1/2 C balsamic vinegar, 1.5 T raw honey, 2 tsp. salt + 1 tsp. pepper).
- Roasted Asparagus: Place rinsed asparagus on a pan with olive oil, sea salt + fresh pepper. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until desired texture.
- Chicken: Coat 4 chicken breasts in 1 packet of Cooking with Lori’s Roast Chicken-seasoning packet . Pan cook the chicken in a cast iron pot with fresh garlic + diced onion + a drizzle of olive oil. Cook on medium heat for 9-12 minutes, flip halfway and cook other side 9-12 minutes or until cooked all the way through!
Dessert: Fresh Strawberries w/ Honey Whipped Cream + Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Fresh Honey Whipped Cream: Add 75% parts cream + 25% parts raw honey in a blender or mixer and combine until whipped.
- Fresh Chocolate Chip Cookies: I love to have my homemade chocolate chip dough frozen into breakable pieces in the freezer! Anytime I make cookies I always double the batch and freeze the second batch for a future dinner party or occasion! This week I didn’t have any in the freezer but I did have some farmers market fresh chocolate chip cookies that I picked up last week! I’ve been buying them ahead of time and keeping them in the freezer for a last minute guest! It makes the perfect dessert you can just pull them out of the freezer and once they are thawed in 15 to 20 minutes, they’re ready to serve! Here is the recipe I use to make a freezer stash!