Healthy + EASY Lunch Recipes for Back to School
- by CJLA Admin
Now that school is back in session, we wanted to share our favorite way to make lunches! Bento boxes are an easy way to pack healthy + nourishing meals for school that can also double as a meal for you! Another great part about bento boxes is that you can prep all lunches for the week during one session! What can be better than a meal that is healthy, yummy, and easy all in one?!
Some tips to building bento boxes:
- Having these containers on hand with separate compartments will help so much! They are durable and will last a long time!
- Each box should contain a protein for long lasting energy, vegetables +/or fruit for vitamins + minerals, and a dip/sauce for healthy fats!
- Avoid pre-packaged food as much as possible to keep these clean!
- Cover dips with a lid before sealing the box to avoid extra moisture.
- Get creative! The fun part about these is that you can change out anything for your personal faves!
1. Classic Bento Box: 3 deli turkey slices, 1/2 cup crackers (Simple Mills has the best!), handful of grapes, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese cubes
2. Apple + Cheese Bento Box: 1 sliced apple, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 1/4 of your fave seed or nut butter, handful of carrots + snap peas
3. Mediterranean Bento Box: 1/4 cup hummus, 6 olives, 6 baby carrots, handful of crackers or pita, 2-3 deli turkey slices
4. Protein Power Bento Box: 1 hard-boiled egg w/ salt + pepper, 4 salami slices, 1/4 cup chickpeas w/ olive oil + salt + pepper, 1 mini cucumber, handful of snap peas
5. Quinoa Bento Box: 1/2 cup cooked quinoa w/ salt + pepper, 1 kiwi sliced in half, 6 grape tomatoes, 1 mini cucumber, 1/4 cup hummus
6. Taco Bento Box: handful of tortilla chips, 1/4 cup guacamole, 1/2 cup black beans drizzled w/ olive oil + salt + pepper, 1/4 cup cubed cheese, handful of grape tomatoes
(Sourced from andianne.com)