An update from CJLA
Dear CJLA community,
We wanted to share a few ways that we are taking action and making change. Loving each other and caring for one another is and will always be part of CJLA's vision and values. We always have and always will stand up for others.
Racism is unfair and unjust. We stand in solidarity with you. It must change. We know there will always be more to do, but we want to start somewhere. Here are a few things we will be doing starting this week and month to make a change:
1. We will be going silent on social media today, Tuesday June 2nd, in support of awareness, learning, listening and respect.
2. With your help we raised $3,385.99 for Baby2Baby this month. Baby2Baby is an amazing organization that helps children living in poverty here in LA. We have decided to not only match the donations, but to round the total up to $10,000.
3. We believe in education and awareness. We want to know more, do more and be part of the action and change. We will be making a donation to Be The Bridge. We will be taking this week to learn more personally and as a company about how we can be part of the healing.
4. We want to show more diversity in our photographs and stories. It may not be overnight as we navigate photoshoots during COVID-19, but we have already reached out to some amazing gals to help us show that CJLA is a brand for all. We would never want anyone to not feel represented here.
5. We will be sharing more accounts and businesses owned by BIPOC who we love and want to support.
6. We want to bring awareness and have conversations, but we also know there is a lot of listening to do as well. Please have patience with us as we seek to be a part of the change. We wish we had all the right words but we know we don't. We are heartbroken, saddened and want to do everything we can to be a part of reconciliation and unity.
We will continue to listen, learn and work to find more ways to help.
-Carly, Chad and the CJLA Team