Los Angeles is filled with wonderful adventure spots! Here’s a handful of the ones we love, you just might enjoy them too. There’s tons, so here’s just a few ideas and the links to them below!
Unless it has a $ next to it, it’s FREE!
1. Greystone Mansion Park: exploring, history and gardens
2. Leonis Adobe ($/suggested donation $4/adults, $1/kids): historical monument and living history museum dedicated to restoring, preserving, and sharing California ranch life in the late 1880s. Also check out Calabasas Creek Park!
October 22nd: Pumpkin Party
3. Orcutt Ranch: for picnics, exploring, history and gardens
4. Griffith Park Observatory: amazing views, picnics, hiking
5. Los Angeles Zoo ($)
6. Adamson House Malibu: exploring, history, picnic, beach
7. The Grove: Jazz Nights every Friday and Saturday in October
8. The Americana: Tuesday Kids Club & Kids Eat Free on Tuesdays!
9. Local Public Library: reading times, craft times, movie nights
10. Malibu State Creek Park: wide trail hiking and exploring ($ for parking, but lovely wide trails easy for little hikers!)
11. Paramount Ranch: free parking, wide trail hiking and exploring
12. $3.00 Movie Theatre in Pasadena, Simi Valley, and North Hollywood ($)
13. Tree People, Beverly Hills: hiking, exploring, play
14. Underwood Farms ($): play, fruit and veggie picking, darling pumpkin patch with tractor rides, corn mazes, and more!
Fall Harvest Festival ($6/weekdays, $15-20/weekends) October 1-31
15. Oak Park City Splash Pad
16. The Beach: Manhattan, Malibu, Zuma, Ventura…
17. The Getty Museum Los Angeles
18. The Getty Villa Malibu
19.The Los Angeles Arboretum ($): SO worth the drive and money, you will not be disappointed!
20. Coldwater Park in Beverly Hills: nice park with fun water features to splash in on a warm day. Make a trip out of it or go enjoy a iced coffee and a walk on Rodeo after!
21. Franklin Canyon Ponds and Nature Center
22. Travel Town @ Griffith Park (free admission, $2.50 train rides)
23. Los Encinos Park and Pond: Just a shady private park tuned right off Ventura Blvd.
(duck food a whopping $.25 =)
24. The Noah’s Ark Exibit @ The Skirball (Thursdays FREE with reservation)
25. Potluck picnic in the park or home: get your girlfriends and their kiddos to share lunch at a local park or a home.
26. The Hollywood Bowl: FREE on Tuesdays/Thursdays during summer morning rehearsals of the LA Phil! Call ahead for details. And be sure to check out the FREE Hollywood Bowl Museum, open Tuesday-Friday!
27. Local Farmer's Markets: a great place to catch some fresh air and take in some great sights and smells.
28. Descanso Gardens ($ or FREE on select Tuesdays): pack a lunch or grab a snack at their garden cafe, explore the gardens, and run and play in the grass! FREE Tuesday: October 18th, November 15th, December 20th.
29.Venice canals/Abbott Kinney: Winding through quaint, little (and very expensive) houses, the canals feature arched bridges and beautiful landscaping. It’s a great place to cruise along on a bike. Start between Washington Avenue and Venice Boulevard. Stop in Abbott Kinney for lunch and boutique shops!
30. California Science Center: Admission to the Science Center’s permanent exhibition galleries is FREE (excluding IMAX and Special Exhibits).
Do you have any free or close to free family fun spots you love around town?
Get out there and enjoy!